Google revealed its new cloud storage service today. Google Drive is a free cloud storage service from Google where we can store files online and access anywhere. When you install the Google Drive desktop application in your PC or Mac, you get a directory created in your computer. And when you copy files into the directory you upload the files to the internet and simultaneously sync all the files to the devices which are integrated with Google Drive apps.
It’s like “Store at one place and Access anywhere”. You can also share files using the links associated to the files. You can store anything on your hard drive and can also be stored in a cloud drive provided that they are in given storage limits.
Features of Google Drive
- Using the Google Drive mobile app you can access your files anywhere.
- 5GB of online storage space free.
- When uploaded, 30 different file types can be viewed online including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and HD video.
- Easily share files in Google Drive in Gmail and Google plus.
- Using optical character recognition you can search scanned text in images uploaded to Google Drive.